Aqualux Limited Warranty Information / 2016-1
Aqualux designs and manufactures advanced landscape lighting of many different varieties. We utilise the highest grade components sourced from around the globe and assembled in our quality-controlled Sydney, Australia facility. From time-to-time, for a number of possible reasons, our products may experience an issue after installation. This warranty guide details the various warranties our products carry, the causes of product failure that we have experienced over time and the steps necessary to make a warranty claim should that be necessary.
Fit-for-Purpose & Installation Requirements
All warranties offered in addition to the statutory requirement of 1 Year are done so on the condition that Aqualux lighting products are fit-for-purpose and installed professionally or by similarly qualified persons and that all guidelines and requirements are followed. Fit-for-purpose in this context refers to the intended application our products are designed for which is residential and commercial garden & landscaping environments. Products not specifically designated IP68 are not fit for submersion, either intended or accidental.
Remote, Difficult & Unusual Installations
Where Aqualux products are installed in unusual, remote or difficult to access locations and environments, this is done so at the end-users risk. Where warranty issues arise, Aqualux is limited in it’s liability to the cost of repairing or replacing the product only.
Examples of remote & unusual installations include (but are not limited to) jobs which require scissor lists, traffic management, significant labor or the removal of paneling or other secondary installation materials. If you are uncertain please contact us to discuss: 1300-662-644.
AQS-Series Strip Lighting
Please pay particular attention to our fit-for-purpose and unusual installation warranty notes when designing with AQS LED Strip Lighting. Whilst LED strip lighting allows for very unique and previously impossible lighting effects to be achieved, it is still a sensitive electronic device that is potentially subject to failure through a variety of modes including improper handling during installation. Aqualux is not liable for any costs associated with accessing or replacing AQS-Series strip.
Warranty Claims Procedure
To make a claim for service to repair or replace under an Aqualux warranty. Contact the original reseller and/or installer of the product. They will generally be able to process the claim on your behalf.
If your original reseller is no longer in business or you are not sure who it may have been, please contact us directly with a photo of your product and a summary of the issue.
|Lumena||3 Year||3 Year||6 Year Total|
|Phoenix||3 Year||3 Year||6 Year Total|
|Artisan||10 Year||3 Year||N / A|
|Hydra||2 Year||2 Year||6 Year Total|
|Elements||2 Year||2 Year||N / A|
|Aquatran||10 Year||10 Year||N / A|
|Orion||3 Year||3 Year||N / A|
|AQS LED Flex||2 Year||2 Year||N / A|
|AGL LED Lamps||2 Year||2 Year||N / A|
The Aqualux PLUS+ warranty program is an option available on select models to enhance the warranty we are able to offer. Unlike other extended-warranty schemes, Aqualux PLUS+ includes an additional cable adapter designed to both prevent moisture siphoning into the fitting as well as faciliated rapid replacement should there be a problem in the field.
1. AqualuxPLUS+ Warranty is offered in additional to our basic warranty and extends the time period during which we will continue to honor our basic warranty obligations.
2. In the event of a product failure and that product is covered by the AqualuxPLUS+ scheme, we will ship a replacement product to the site and include a return postage option for the failed product to be shipped back at our cost. The actual replacement of AqualuxPLUS+ products is to be performed by the customer or end-user.
3. AqualuxPLUS+ does not extend our liability for incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to any additional installation costs.
4. AqualuxPLUS+ fees may vary from time to time. AqualuxPLUS+ warranty options cannot be renewed.
The Fine Print
Aqualux Lighting is a brand wholly owned by Telectran International. Telectran International Pty. Ltd. (“Telectran”) warrants to the purchaser of products described herein to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period commencing at the date of purchase and expiring at the end of the period specified (the “warranty period”). No other warranty, whether express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall exist in connection with the sale or use of such products.
Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
1. Defects that are, in the sole judgment of Telectran, the result of accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, mishandling, misapplication, faulty installation, unauthorized repair, modification, or acts of God will not be covered by this warranty.
2. Telectran shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to labor costs or lost profits resulting from the use of or inability to use the goods or from the goods being incorporated in or becoming a component of any other product. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Telectran will not be responsible for labor costs involved in the removal of goods or the installation of replacement goods.
3. If a problem develops with a product during the warranty period call or write us. We may be able to help you identify specific problems and possibly solve them before the unit is returned to us for repair or replacement. In any case, DO NOT RETURN ANY GOODS WITHOUT OBTAINING A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER and instructions from us. Telectran cannot be responsible for damage due to shipping or improper packaging when returning goods. Please see our returns policy for further information.
4. All claims under this warranty must be made in writing. Upon receipt of claim, the Company shall inspect the part or parts claimed to be defective, and the Company shall repair, or at it’s option, replace, free of charge, any part or parts which the Company determines to have been defective at the time of shipment from the factory; provided, however, that if circumstances are such as to preclude the remedying of warranted defect by repair or replacement, the Company shall, upon return of the products, refund to buyer any part of the purchase price of the products theretofore paid to the Company. Inspection shall, at the Company’s option, be performed at the Company’s plant, or at such other place as may be designated by the Company.